If you know someone who has gotten cosmetic fat injections, you might have noticed they seem happier than usual. Maybe they’re smiling more often or laughing a little more freely. That’s because the confidence that can be inspired from something as simple as cosmetic fat injections is highly noticeable. So are the results.
You might be wondering if this procedure is right for you. If you’re looking to reduce wrinkles on your face or neck, smooth out facial dimples, or get the plump lips you’ve always wanted, facial injections may be the right choice for you.
How does it work?
The process is pretty simple. Cosmetic fat injections are performed as an outpatient procedure so you don’t have to plan for a hospital stay. Fat tissue is extracted from your body, usually from the stomach, thighs, or buttocks, and then centrifuged to remove any impurities. The fatty material is then carefully injected in tiny amounts into the face, adding fullness and volume.
Why are cosmetic fat injections an effective choice?
- Using material from your own body greatly reduces the risk of infection or allergy.
- This type of facial injection is long lasting and has minimal potential for complications.
- Cosmetic fat injections are natural, safe, and minimally invasive.
- Facial injections can increase the fullness and volume of the face, giving a more youthful appearance.
- The majority of patients can resume working about a week after the procedure.
Want to learn more about cosmetic fat injections? Your next step is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. This expert can help determine if you’re a suitable candidate for the procedure and discuss your specific goals. Ideally, a plastic surgeon with a background in visual art is an excellent choice. Someone with a strong aesthetic sensibility can better help you achieve the look you desire. Contact Dr. Elizabeth Harris for an appointment to discuss how cosmetic fat injections can have you looking younger in no time.